Friday, July 13, 2012

Holy Kevin James!!

Has anyone else seen the trailer for Here Comes the Boom? Kevin James looks AMAZING! I remember watching his stand-up and him saying something to the effect, "my workout goals are different than everyone else's. All I want is my tummy not to jiggle when I'm brushing my teeth!" I died laughing when he said it! Now watch that trailer and see what he looks like! I'm using all kinds of exclamation points because I'm so impressed! I currently have similar workout goals as the old Kevin James and now I feel a lot better about looking beyond that. He's a bit older than I am as well so I should have a chance.

The shots in the trailer show enough that I don't think he is using some kind of body double. In fact I don't see how he could with how much he is on the screen. I just think it's really impressive to see an actor go all for it and make those kind of changes in his life. It's one thing to always be in shape and stay that way, to get into shape after making being out of shape one of your gimmics that's not something to scoff at. I'm also always impressed with actors that do combat training for movies. We don't give enough credit to an actors ability to take something that they probably had little to no knowledge of and make it look like they are experts on screen.

I give a big WELL DONE to Kevin James on this one and putting Here Comes the Boom on my list of movies to see! What do you guys think?

No comments:

Post a Comment